Rumor Roundup: October 23 Apple Event
As you may have heard, Apple recently sent out invitations for a media event to be held Tuesday, October 23 at the California Theatre in San Jose, California. Other than the time, date and location, the invitations only said “We’ve got a little more to show you.”
Despite the lack of official information, there’s been plenty of speculation about what will be seen at the event. Here are some of the rumors that are floating around:
- The launch of the new iPad Mini – Designed to compete with small Android tablets and eReaders such as the Kindle Fire, production of the new offering is reported to have started earlier this month.
- Introduction of a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display – Since the debut of the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display in June, Apple fanatics have been clamoring for more options. Sources have said that a 13-inch version is forthcoming.
- New version of the Mac mini – Rumored features include Ivy Bridge processors, USB 3.0 and a model that runs OS X Server.
- Tweaks to the full-size iPad – Sources say that Apple will add Lightning connectors and LTE support for UK users.
- Updated iMacs – There’s been talk of updates to the iMac for some time, but rumor has it that the new models will launch the day after the event.
If all or some of these rumors turn out to be true, Apple fans will have plenty of items to add to their holiday wish lists!