Making Website Shortcuts in iOS
The Apple’s iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch) let you surf the lntemet on the go. For your favorite websites, you can create a bookmark inside of Safari to easy navigate to that website. An alternative method is to create website shortcuts on your iOS home screen (springboard). These shortcuts appear like your iOS applications and only need to be tapped in order to open the website. These iOS website shortcuts are easily created using the Safari application.
How to Create Website Shortcuts on Your iPhone:
- Open the Safari (Mobile Safari) web browser on your iOS device.
- Go to the website you want to create a website shortcut for.
- Tap the middle icon on the bottom toolbar. It is a square with a right facing arrow.
- Press the button to Add to Home Screen.
- Name your new website shortcut.
- Tap the Add button.
Your new website shortcut is added to the next available slot on your iOS home screen (springboard). Using this feature many times clutters up your iOS home screen (springboard). Safari has excellent bookmarking and read later features for storing your websites. Only create website shortcuts for those often used websites that do not have their own iOS applications.