Keynote By the Numbers
Apple’s special events almost always begin with a quick overview of the company’s stats, today was no exception. Here are the numbers Mr. Cook shared with us today.
- Apple has already sold 3 million new iPods since unveiling the latest updates to the line last month.
- 200 million devices have upgraded to iOS 6 since it became publicly available in mid-September.
- 125 million documents have been stored in iCloud.
- 300 billion iMessages have been sent to date.
- And about 28,000 iMessages are sent every second.
- There are now 160 million Game Center acounts.
- 35 billion apps have been downloaded from the iTunes store.
- There are now 700,000 iOS apps available.
- 275,000 of the are iPad-specific.
- Apple has paid developers $6.5 billion to date.
- 70 million photos have been shared via iPhoto Photo Streams.
- There are currently 1.5 million books available in the iTunes Book Store.
- 400 million books have been downloaded since the store debuted.
- 2,500 U.S. classrooms are using iBooks textbooks.
- Apple has sold 100 million iPads since it launched the device two and a half years ago.
- 91 percent of tablet-generated Web traffic comes from the iPad.
- 94 percent of the Fortune 500 is testing or deploying the iPad.