@iCloud.com Email Address – Apple’s Answers
I already use iCloud. Will I get an @icloud.com email address?
Yes. For all existing iCloud users, Apple has reserved an @icloud.com email address. You will receive an @icloud.com equivalent for every @me.com or @mac.com email address or alias that you have as part of your account. For example, if you currently have firstname.lastname@example.org, you will now also have email@example.com.
When will I receive my new address?
It will take a few weeks for Apple to grant you access to your new @icloud.com email address. You will be notified by email when the process is complete.
Do I get to keep my @me.com or @mac.com email address?
Yes. You can continue to use your current @me.com or @mac.com email address for as long as you like.
How do I start sending mail from my new @icloud.com email address?
After you gain access to your @icloud.com email address, you can use it to send email by following these steps:
- Begin composing a new email.
- Click or tap the From: field.
- Choose your @icloud.com address from the list of available addresses.
To make your @icloud.com address your default Send From address, follow the steps below:
- In iOS 6
- Go to Settings >iCloud > Account [youraccountname] >Advanced: Mail.
- Tap your email address, and from the screen that opens select the @icloud.com email address you’d like to use.
- In OS X v10.7.2 or later
- Go to Mail Preferences > Composing. Select your new @icloud.com email address under Send new messages from.
- At icloud.com
- Go to the Action (gear icon) menu and choose Preferences. Under Composing, select your new @icloud.com email address under Identity > Send new messages from.
- In Outlook
- In Outlook 2007: Choose Tools > Account Settings > Email tab, select your @icloud.com email address on the list, and click Set as default.
- In Outlook 2010: Choose File > Info > Account Settings > Email Tab, select your @icloud.com email address on the list, and click Set as default.
If I start using my @icloud.com email address to send email, will I still receive messages sent to my @me.com or @mac.com email address?
Yes. No matter which address you choose to send email from, you will continue to receive all email sent to any of your iCloud email addresses.
Can I sign in to iCloud or other Apple services using my @icloud.com email address?
Yes. You can use your new @icloud.com email address to sign into iCloud, the iTunes store, and other services that require an Apple ID. Note: You cannot use your email aliases to sign in to these areas.